Spring 2023 Book Thoughts

Okay, so I think I have finally sat down and chosen a book that has piqued my interest. I have been humming and hawing, attempting to decide what genre would be next. 
I am very much a mood reader, this creates a challenge in finding my next read. I can be excited for a book publication, but when I find that I have a moment, or a perfectly time reading gap,  I may not actually be in the mood to read that book. This all means that I have an aggressively growing to #toberead pile. I have a book from one of my favorite authors, that was published last year, I paid to have the book on publication day, and I have yet to read it. Everytime I attempt to read the book I read the first chapter, and end up putting the book down to read a completely different genre.
I suppose at the same time I find myself discovering and rediscovering some old and new favorite genres. I started reading mostly police procedurals, it specifically had to be police procedurals, and nothing else. I found that the lawyer series, or protagonists that were something other than a police officer to some degree solving a crime to be unrealistic. For that reason I found that I wasn't overly interested in many of the series. More recently I have picked up many historical fiction, and generally it was related to to world war two with the many struggles that occured in our world at the time. Now as I find that I am progressing as a reader, I find myelf picking up more culturally diverse historical fiction books. Still granted they are histoical fiction, but it isn't always an american protagonist leading the charge.
Most recently fantasy has found me. I can't seem to get enough of contemporary fantasy, it can be dystopian, it can be High Magic. What it cannot be is the scifi sort of aspect. I'm looking for something to stimulate my dusty imagination.  Something that's not too advanced for my thirty something brain. With the fantasy genre I find that I am struggling to find books/series where the main focus isn't the love interest. To be absolutley honest I generally have no interest in the sexual aspect of the book, sure It can be a part of the story, but I'm not looking for a thirst trap of a fictional character. What I'm looking for is an adventure, an adventure to whisk my imagination to another place where I don't have to worry about my personal problems of life.
All in all everyone has their own reason for reading, and their own favorite authors/genres. As I grow as an individual, and as a reader I find that there is so much more out there for me when it comes to books. Whatever you're into, there's a book for every taste and feeling.
The attached images as some books to publish this spring that I am very excited to get a copy of my greasy paws on.
 Amy Stuart-A Death at the Party
I have enjoyed most of the previous books published by Amy Stuart, this book is set to publish March 7th 2023.
This books summary is exactly what the title of the novel states is going to happen. Nothing better than Amy Stuart and a good mystery. 
R.F.Kuang-Yellowface
Set to publish May 16th 2023.
I fell in love with R.F. Kuang's writing last year after I blitzed through The Poppy War trilogy. I followed up the series with reading Babel in which the entire world created had me after the opening chapter.
Lin Ling Huang-Natural Beauty
Set to publish April 4th, 2023.
I cannot explain what has made such an appeal to me as of late. But I sure cannot wait to get my hands on a copy and consume this book this year.
Marth Hall Kelly-The Golden Doves
Publishing April 18th 2023.
Wha could go wrong with a Martha Hall Kelly book? After Lilac Girls, what's not to love. Historical fiction? check! Martha Hall Kelly?? Check! I am certain this will not dspapoint.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shape of Water by Guillermo Del Toro

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Goodbye 2018 reads, Hello 2019 books! #NewYearNewPages