July 2024

 Two Books that I am super stoked to get a copy of load on to my Kobo and read. I mean this isn't an extensive list, but they are some of the ones that are popping out at me at this moment. Unfortunately I do the one thing that all the old sayings tell you not to do. I absolutely judge a book by its cover. If the cover is not appealing, I am less likely to even pick the book up. No matter how good the book beyond the cover is.



The God of the Woods by Liz Moore.

Goodreads 4.42/5 with 4,900 ratings.

Storygraph: 4.43/5  

Genres: Mystery, Fiction, Thriller, Historical fiction.

Cover is interesting, I suppose it's nothing too crazy. Anyways Daughter of the owner of a summer camp goes missing while attending the camp in 1975. This isn't the only time a member of the family has gone missing either. The family son had disappeared 14 years prior.

Definitely the thriller aspect that has grabbed my attention.



Where Are You Echo Blue? By Hayley Krischer

Genres: Fiction, Adult Fiction, Contemporary

As per Goodreads this book has a rating of 3.97/5 stars but with only 72 ratings that could change drastically. 

As per StoryGraph this one has 3.86

This is a promising start from both Goodreads and StoryGraph.

    Where are You Echo Blue? is a story about a child star from the nineties that apparently disappears  prior to a high profile television appearance. One of Echos largest fans who turns out to be a journalist is hoping to turn the story of Echo into their big break. The Journalists name is Goldie and the story follows her as she attempts to navigate the world of high celebrity. Apparently the story is told from Goldie's perspective on the investigation into the disappearance, and another point of view from Echo Blue who is being destroyed by the life of celebrity. If this novel is done right, this book could be a knockout. I cannot wait for the mood to strike for when I can pick this one up.



    I'm sure as the month goes on there will be more that I discover and will have to read. Perhaps I'll keep you posted. I've actually been in quite a reading slump starting in June, and now that we are halfway through July, it's been a real frustrating challenge. I've somehow strayed from my reading goal, and I am now 2 books behind the projected goal. I'm hoping I can make it up in the upcoming months, there is nothing more disappointing than not being able to reach your reading goal at the end of the year.


Well here's hoping.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shape of Water by Guillermo Del Toro

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Goodbye 2018 reads, Hello 2019 books! #NewYearNewPages