The Parisians by Marius Gaberiel


This book wasn't my typical historical fiction, World War II resistance fighters sort of story. This book was for sure considered a slow burning book. I spent so much time while reading this book, wondering when things are going to get a little more spicy. I was unfortunately a little disappointed with the results. With that being said though I still managed to get my way through the book (took a little longer than expected),but I also never experienced a moment while I was reading this book where I had to talk myself out of quitting reading this one and move on. So it was okay for me.
     So after the many mixed emotions I have toward this book I gave it a standard 3/5 stars on my good reads account. Reflectively meaning it's not the worst book in the genre I have read, but I felt it wasn't anything to run to all my fellow readers and become the Opra of this book. (YOU GET A COPY. YOU GET A COPY. WE ALL GET COPIES!!!). 

 
     So the story follows Oliva Olsen and American painter who has moved to Paris in an attempt to make a living doing what she loves. One weekend while she's painting she meets a strangely charming man named Fabrice (who is pretty much instantly infatuated with Olivia as soon as his character is introduced).

    Fabrice manages to coax Olivia into having dinner at his mother's home with him and his mother Marie-France. During this dinner Marie-France offers to help Olivia get a job as a chamber maid working at the most luxurious hotel in Paris. The Ritz. At first she is hesitant to accept the offer but shortly after returning Home from dinner she decides to accept the job offer. It’s through this job and a growing hatred for the Germans they allows her to take up stealing information on the Nazi’s military movements.

 

Popular posts from this blog

The Shape of Water by Guillermo Del Toro

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Goodbye 2018 reads, Hello 2019 books! #NewYearNewPages