2019 New Releases


 

The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff

Set to release January 29, 2019


I have been waiting for months for this book. I have been scouring Netgalley, and applying for advanced copies, and entering into contests to perhaps get my hands on one of the few circulating copies of this book. When I was finally approved to a copy via Netgalley, the formatting was unfortunately not a decent match for my Kobo. So after the long expected wait I have managed to get my greasy paws on a copy, and I have already streamlined this book to be read within the next book or two.

Initially while I was doing my research into the release date of this book was saying it was set to be released on February 5th, but as I was finishing up Broken Angels by Gemma Livewire I found out that the actual release date was January 29th.

            This book starts in 1946 Manhattan with Grace Healey coming to terms and finding some place to rebuild her life after losing her husband during the war. One day on her way to work Grace stumbles upon an abandoned suitcase while she is in Grand Central Terminal. Grace is the curious sort and cannot resist the mystery of the suitcase being left alone. Grace opens the suitcase and discovers photos of multiple people, Grace steals the photos and leaves the station. Grace discovers who the owner of the suitcase is and that the owner is a leader of a female ring of secret agents who were deployed in London dying the war. Grace sets out to find out who the photos from the suit case are of.

            I have been extremely excited about those book since I have heard about it. This is a for sure read within the next year and I will absolutely posting a review on the web page. I’ll kept you all posted if it compares to the various other historical fiction books that I have read recently.


The Huntress by Kate Quinn
Expected to release on February 26 2019.
I have been excited about this book for what feels like months now.  I didn't even need to read the book synopsis to know that this book would find it's way on to my must be read shelf.  "In the aftermath of the war, the hunter becomes the hunted...Nina Markova always dreamed of flying. When the Nazis attack the Soviet Union, she risks everything to join the legendary Night Witches, an all-female night bomber regiment wreaking havoc on the invading Germans." (Goodreads.com). Honestly if the cover and the Author combination didn't sell me on reading this book, the first sentence of the book synopsis has me sold! I am literally counting down the days until I can read this one. I am also hoping to read a thriller or a mystery between this book, and what is probably going to be The Lost Girls of Paris, as sort of a pallet cleanser.  I want to be able to read these two books and not be comparing them one on one, but rather for what they are.

Kate Quinn's previous book, The Alice Network was phenomenal, I ended up rating it a 4/5.  The Alice Network was consumed at such a rapid pace, once I started I couldn't stop until it was finished. If you don’t have The Alice Network on your reading list then you should strongly consider looking at the book and placing it there, if you have the book on your to be read list, then go on and crack that one open… you will absolutely not be disappointed. If The Huntress is anything like the Alice Network then I am certain that it should make it to my top five books of 2019.

 
We Can See You by Simon Kernick
Expected to release March 1 2019


I was doing a little research to see what's new and upcoming for this year, and stumbled upon a new book by Simon Kernick.  Kernick is one of the first authors whose writing that I fell in love with. Kernick writes insane police procedurals, and seat gripping thrillers that always have a way of leaving me feeling like I am on a cliff.

Honestly where do I start with the love for the multiple series that are amazing. I started reading the Dennis Milne series starting with The Business of Dying. I honestly wish that the Milne series never ended. Milne's not your typical police officer who makes money on the side as a hitman. When eventually things go sour fast. Milne ends up killing three innocent people. Milne works as a Detective Sargent while trying to balance his conscience.

Dennis Milne is one of the many fatally flawed protagonists that Kernick has created. What I love about the various characters is that they are more human, than other characters I have read, and they endure the struggles of temptation, and survival. I suppose that in some aspects is that some of the characters are more believable than other straight shooter characters who don’t have any vices.

“WE HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER. WE KNOW SECRETS. WE CAN SEE YOU.” (Goodreads.com). The description has my interest piqued, essentially saying that someone has everything that we all strive for, then in an instant it’s gone. With an abducted daughter, and the captors knowing your darkest secrets, demanding that you not contact the police.

With advance readers rating the book an average of 4.04 with 197 ratings, how can this book not make it to my list of must read this year?

Genre

Author

Synopsis
Welcome
to the ‘to be read’ list.


Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly
Expected to release April 9 2019

 

From the author of the Lilac Girls comes the new novel Lost Roses. Set in 1914. Eliza Ferriday is traveling to St. Petersburg with Sofya Streshnayva who happens to be a cousin of the Romanov’s. Eliza and Sofia met two years previously while they were visiting Paris.

While they’re visiting Russia, Austria declares war on Serbia and the Imperial Dynasty begins to fall. Eliza manages to escape back home to America, while Sofya and her family attempt to escape to their country estate. While there, they hire Varinka who is the daughter of a local fortune teller.

Eliza has begun to aid in the hiding and movement of the White Russian families in order for them to escape the revolution.

Martha Kelly Hall wrote Lilac Girls, and that book was for sure in my favorite 4 books that I read in 2017. As I have read the synopsis I have become interested in it. I don’t think this book is going to skyrocket to the lead of my to be read shelf but it will for sure make it on there.


The Last Widow (Will Trent #9) by Karin Slaughter (No Cover Available)
Expected June 13 2019
           
I feel like I have been waiting for the release of the next Will Trent series for what feels like an eternity. Karin Slaughter is probably one of the main reasons I started reading religiously. I started by reading Triptych, and that’s where it all began, since then I have been Grant County, and Will Trent hungry since then.

            A routine admission for a run of the mill surgery at Atlanta Emory Hospital goes south sending the facility into a lockdown. Dr. Sara Linton is taken hostage, and Will is forced to go undercover as the scene at the hospital continues to spiral further out of control.

            This will probably be the book that I wait for all year. There are many more books coming out this year, but these are the ones that caught my eye early on while I was doing some research.  More books to come, and I can’t wait. Here to a good year, and a good set of reads. I’m so excited for what’s to come.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shape of Water by Guillermo Del Toro

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Goodbye 2018 reads, Hello 2019 books! #NewYearNewPages