Perfect Silence by Helen Fields (Book four of the DI Luc Callanach series)

Perfect Silence by Helen Fields

Book four of the DI Luc Callanach series.
On my good reads account, I rated this book a 2.0 star out of five. I would honestly have liked to have given the book a 2.5/5 but whole stars only apparently. This book starts off quite similar to most murder mystery books, of course with an atrocious killing to captivate the reader.
 The body of a woman is found brutally mutilated, and left for dead on the roadside. Chunks of flesh taken by the killer, which eventually returns in a sick twisted doll created from the removed flesh. A second case is opened where the assailant is attacking the homeless ‘spice’ users and cutting their faces while they are intoxicated. Their memory is not reliable,and any grain of evidence is hard to obtain from the victims.
What I found captivating was once the police managed to get a lead in the story and the chase began. The way that the killerstarted to respond, and the explanation from the killers perspective of why they were killing the women in such a brutal and twisted way.
I think I had a hard time getting through the beginning of this book because I picked up the series on this book, book four.The author does a pretty good job of catching the reader up on the pertinent points through the series so far. I feel that I missed something from not reading the previous three books. This book can be read as a standalone, but I think it should be read as the series so the reader can have all of the supporting information for the character builds.

As I am writing this, I have taken a peek at other ratings and reviews from Goodreads, and I feel like I have missed something through the reading of this book. Every other review is pretty much a standing ovation, but for some reason I did not feel that way after finishing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shape of Water by Guillermo Del Toro

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Goodbye 2018 reads, Hello 2019 books! #NewYearNewPages